- About INQRI
- News & Events
- INQRI Blog
Home | RWJF Forum on the Future of Public Health Nursing
RWJF Forum on the Future of Public Health Nursing
The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation recently released a report from the "Forum on the Future of Public Health Nursing" which discusses some of the issues which are influencing the context of public health and the roles played by public health nurses.
- Impact of health reform
- Cuts in public health budgets and staff due to budget shortfalls
- New consensus definitions on the scope and competencies of public health nurses
- Recommendations from the Institute of Medicine 2010 report, The Future of Nursing: Leading Change, Advancing Health, including that 80 percent of nurses achieve bachelor-level degrees by 2020
- Public health agency accreditation and adoption of quality improvement measures
- Transition in public health toward a greater emphasis on chronic disease prevention and interventions.
Blogger Publish Date:February 27, 2013